Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Q-Man (Quint Tatro at Tickerville) Seems to Be Catching On...

with the antics of Ben the destroyer of capital and wealth. Oh uh... My days of using him as contrarian indicator may be approaching to an end...

And here's a post from Washington's Blog, arguing that you cannot just talk about economics without knowing about politics.

I wholeheartedly agree with Washington's blog, and I would add that you cannot talk about investment or trading without knowing about economics OTHER THAN Keynesian or neo-classical economics. Why? Because Keynesian economics would uncritically approve of what Ben has been doing, and neo-classical economics would simply ignore whatever the government does.

I think investor/trader-friendly economics that provides you with insight and perspective into the government actions and non-actions and their effect on private businesses is the Austrian economics. But that's my take, and you should do your own DD. Good places to start doing DD is here and here.

Having a better, clearer idea of where all these (Barry's fiscal insanity, Ben's monetary insanity) has helped me stay in my positions in gold and silver and commodities. Today's purchase of KO? Well, that's more like calling Ben's bluff - the stock market will never go down as long as he's the chairman of the Fed...

No comments:

Post a Comment